Emanuela TAMBURRIProfessore Associato SSD: CHIM/03 Chimica Generale ed InorganicaStanza: F0 – 4
2019: Researcher in General and Inorganic Chemistry
2008-2018: Post-Doctoral Researcher
2012: Coordinator of the start-up project “NanoCaMat – Carbon-based Nanocomposites for Technological Materials” 2nd place winner of the “Start Cup Lazio 2012” and finalist of the “PMI 2012: National Award for Innovation”
2010: Visiting Researcher at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering & Carbon Nanotechnology Laboratory – Richard E. Smalley Institute, “Rice” University, Houston, TX (USA).
2009: Member of the research team developing the spin-off NanoShare financially supported by Miur
2008: PhD degree in Chemical Sciences from the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
2003: Degree in Chemistry (Summa cum Laude) from the University of Rome “Sapienza”
The research activity is focused on the design, synthesis, morphological, structural, and functional characterization of carbon nanostructures and polymer-based nanocomposites. These systems are studied for the development of advanced materials to be used in electronics, bioelectronics and optoelectronics, biomedical applications, production and delivery energy devices, gas sensors, electrochemical and electromechanical sensors, electron emitters, and space devices.
ET has served as Referee for the evaluation of international research projects on behalf of Israel Science Foundation (ISF) – Israel, National Science Foundation (NSF) – USA, and The French National Research Agency (ANR) – France.
ET has been a member of the research group of more than 15 national and international projects, including:
- WASP: Wearable Applications enabled by electronic Systems on Paper” – Horizon 2020 project
- NANOFAB: Development of innovative technological process for fabricating sensorized fabrics based on nanomaterials.” – MISE/F.C.S. – Bando Industria Sostenibile
- DITCA: Diamond Insulating Thermal Conductive Adhesive” – Italy-Israel R&D Cooperation Program
- SENSATIONAL: Gas sensors-integrated fabrics to produce personal protective and lifesaving clothing” – MISE – Bando INDUSTRIA 2015
- NANORAY: Development of an X-ray tube based on the Field Emission properties of Carbon Nanotubes – FP7 European project
- STOR-AGE: Realization of an innovative hydrogen storage system based on the integration of C nanomaterials in conducting polymer matrices – MIUR project for spin-off development
- OPTHER: Optically Driven Terahertz Amplifiers – FP7 European project
ET attended more than 180 conferences, about 40 of which as a speaker.
Scientific production is given by more than 130 peer-reviewed publications in international indexed journals, 1 book editing, 4 book chapters and 2 patents.