Emanuela GATTOProfessore Associato SSD: CHIM/02 Chimica FisicaStanza: F1 – 10
RESEARCH ACTIVITY: Emanuela Gatto took part in several national and international projects and she was the local principal investigator of a FIRB (Future in Research) project (2013-2016).
She held invited talks at international conferences (EMRS 2013, 2016, 2017, Symposium: “Bioinspired and Biointegrated Materials as Frontiers Nanomaterials”) and seminars in several Universities. She was co-organizer and chair of special sessions: “Biological, Biomimetic Nanomaterials, Nanostructures Photonics” within the E-MRS Fall Meeting 2016 and E-MRS Spring Meeting 2017.
She is currently involved in three major research lines that span the fields of peptide nanotechnology, bio-inspired DSSCs and bioplastics.
- Semerano prize 2007, as the best Ph.D. thesis in the Physical Chemistry field. Thesis title: “Conformationally constrained peptides as new nanomaterials for electrons and energy transfer”.
- Best Poster award at EMRS Spring Meeting 2015. Symposium W (Functional Surfaces and Interfaces).
- “Futuro in ricerca” grant (for young researcher) from the Italian Ministry of Research and Education (2013-2016). Project title: “Lipid based sensor for the detection of tumor biomarkers”.
- Start Cup Lazio 2018 first prize award, as the best business idea born into a research institute of Lazio region. Title of the project: “SPlastica: sustainable plastic”.
- PNI 2018 special prize for equal opportunities.
- Best presentation at BioInItaly Investment Roadshow in Rome, February 2019.
- Pubblicazioni (Scopus) | Pubblicazioni (ART)